Date: 23rd October 2014 at 10:32am
Written by: Burton Admin

Burton got back to winning ways as they just edged out Carlisle United in a goal filled fixture on Tuesday night.

Never behind, and always in control really, despite ending with 10-men we ran out four-three winners at Brunton Park.

Burton suffered the early setback of losing George Taft early on; the defender was injured in the first Carlisle attack forcing him off. Damien McCrory came on to make an instant impact.

McCrory’s (5) first touch was to unleash a 25-yard drive that left Carlisle ‘keeper Dan Hanford helpless to put Burton one-up.

Carlisle were quickly level though, Anthony Sweeney headed back across goal to leave Kyle Dempsey (12) with the simple task of making it one-one from close range.

Lee Bell (27), after winning the ball in midfield, then went forward before firing home from range again, this time his 30-yard effort left Hanford with no chance.

When Carlisle again lost possession in midfield, this time Stuart Beavon winning the ball, with Jacob Blyth (40) put in he made he made no mistake to make it three just before the break.

In the second minute of injury-time at the end of the first half we further extended our lead when Alex MacDonald’s (45) cross was deflected in off Hanford for our fourth.

Even deeper into injury-time yet another screaming effort saw Brad Potts (45) from 30-yards made it four-two at the break.

When Ian Sharps and ‘keeper Jon McLaughlin made a mess this allowed Derek Asamoah (65), who had come on at half time, to get in and reduce the deficit.

After Beavon was sent off for a second bookable offence we ended the game with 10-men but saw it through to win four-three in what could quite possibly be Gary Rowett’s last game in charge.

This site is looking for an editor (at least a contributor or blogger), so if you’re a fan that can offer us a genuine opinion we would love to share it with the masses!

To find out more ***CLICK HERE***

To email your own unique article/blog for publishing ***CLICK HERE***